Child benefit for everyone
Child benefit is awarded to all children in Brussels.
Every child is entitled to a baby bonus, a basic amount and an annual allowance.
The Common Community Commission (GGC) will only assume responsibility for child benefits from 1/1/2020. Until then, the Federal legislation pertaining to child benefits remains valid.
Are you pregnant? Congratulations!
The maternity allowance is a one-off bonus that parents receive upon the birth of a child.
We pay you the bonus 2 months prior to your expected due date at the earliest.
Birth before 2020
- Father and/or mother’s first child: 1,297.92 euros
- Second and subsequent child: 976.53 euros
Birth from 2020
- Father and/or mother’s first child: 1100 euros
- Second and subsequent child: 500 euros
Upon application, the child benefit fund will calculate the amount you will receive based on various factors. Child benefit is comprised of various components:
- Basic amount: everyone who is entitled to child benefit receives this amount. For orphans, this also includes an orphan's allowance. The amount increases incrementally from the first to the third child. The same amount is paid for every subsequent child following the third.
- Age supplement: your child receives a higher child benefit as he or she gets older.
|Basci amount||Per month|
|1st child||95,80 euros|
|2nd child||177,27 euros|
|3rd child||264,67 euros|
Annual age supplement
The annual age supplement, also known as the school bonus, is a supplementary allowance that you receive each year in August, together with your child benefit for the month of July.
The school bonus is paid automatically.