Happiness begins with your child benefit. All children in Brussels are entitled to it. Want to become a KidsLife customer? You can rest assured that we will pay your child benefit on time, every time. And we also help you in obtaining all the benefits your child is entitled to. Take a look:
The Child Benefits in Brussels is undergoing a fundamental change from 2020. Curious what this means for you?
Child benefit for everyone
Child benefit, also known as family allowance or child allowance, includes fixed amounts: maternity allowance, basic allowance and an annual age supplement. These automatically apply to every child residing in Brussels.
The social allowance was created to give children from lower-income families every opportunity to develop.
- For single-parent families
- For the long-term sick
- For the long-term unemployed and pensioners
Orphans and children with a disability
- Children with at least one deceased parent are entitled to the orphan’s allowance.
- Children with an illness or disability are entitled to a monthly supplementary allowance in addition to the basic amount.
- Childcare allowance: anyone using Dutch-language childcare is entitled to a childcare allowance of 3.23 euros per child, per day of childcare.
- Toddler allowance: toddlers from the age of 3 who are enrolled in Dutch-language education and children aged 4 years old who remain registered and attend school frequently enough, receive a supplementary allowance of 132.60 euros per year.